Monday 21 July 2014

The Make-Up ¦ One Primer To Rule Them All





I know, I know what you're thinking: "Pretty bold statement there, Deanna!" Well it's true. I think I have found my ultimate primer. Ignore the claims it has; the standard "smooths everything, does everything, cures everything malarkey" because that's not true. This doesn't do everything and if it did I wouldn't like it. However it does make the claim of blurring pores. Now that, that I'm interested in! You can really see in my bronzer review post just how enlarged my pores are. They are just plain nasty. I never had a problem with my pores until I decided to start faffing about with skin care and now I feel like the moon with the amount of craters on my face! But I digress, this product really gets to work at blurring all of these out. It's clearly very silicone heavy; the product has a bit of slip to it and feels as if it has silicone in it. It doesn't seem to block my pores though, nor clog them up. I just make sure to do a thorough double cleanse after wearing it.

I apply the tiniest amount on to my hand and smooth it over where I feel my pores are largest and where I can get a little bit oily. I then leave this to settle in for about 10 minutes, while I do the rest of my make-up, and come back to concealer/foundation. As a finishing touch I'll take the tiniest amount and proceed to use a rub/pat motion and press it into my make-up where my pores are especially prominent and where I'm starting to develop a little bit of shine. This helps keep shine at bay and keep my make-up in place ALL day. This stuff does not joke around. I'd say if your acne prone then maybe give it a miss as it might clog your skin up even more. But I can honestly say this is one of the best primers I have found! It takes some getting used to and some experimenting to see how it works for your skin but I don't have any fault with it. I picked it up at Asda for £5 but it currently retails for £12.99 (£8.66 on sale) here. I have paid a lot more for primers so it's a very reasonable price. If you can see if you can get a sample before you buy it. Have you tried this product before? What's you favourite primer?


No comments:

Post a Comment